Friday, April 15, 2011

Breastfeeding

Bfing is such a wonderful experience. Yes, the first couple days (or weeks for some mothers) is difficult. Yes, the first few seconds of the latch on hurts. And yes, I have had to breastfeed in public due to my poor planning.

But truthfully every minor inconvenience is worth it. He looks at me. He makes adorable noises. And often times, the second he smells me, he stops crying. I dont want a momma's boy, but I must admit it feels good to have a son who is addicted to me.

Im assuming that the benefits of breastmilk over formula are negligible. I know there is a big push for BFing now, but babies have been fed formula (including myself) and thrived. But the experience of BFing is second to none. A mother's determination to give her son the best start to life as possible. The son's appreciation for food, skin to skin contact, and undivided attention. And a husband's encouragement and support.

I chose BFing cuz it's free. I'd say being "frugal" has finally paid off.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment