Saturday, April 12, 2014

Milestone #432

Today is the day my three-year-old Daelen will get in the pool by himself.

We have been taking swimming lessons for almost a year at the YMCA. It has been so much fun!

Every Saturday, Daelen and I get in the pool and he does all kinds of cool cool tricks to learn the fundamentals of safe water play.

Now that he is three, though, he has graduated to the next level, and Momma doesn't get to be in the pool with him.

I've tried hyping it up to be an awesome thing, but he is none too excited.

"Momma you get in the pool, too," he says every time I bring it up.

"Daelen is a big boy now. He can get in the pool all by himself!"

"But I want you to hold me."

"You don't need me to hold you; you can swim!"

"No I can't."

Yikes. Looks like he is as mixed up about today's milestone as I am! Hopefully his teacher, Ms. Pat, is there to help him through this transition.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment