Saturday, January 9, 2010

Heartfelt Hug

I think I have done okay, honestly, making the best of a tough situation.

Being a stepmom is tough, I'll be the first to admit that. But at the same time, it would seem that I was created for the very situation that Brytin and I find ourselves in.

I wish I didn't get mad at him, I wish he would do what he was told the first time he was told, and I wish blogged about him more often. He really is an amazing boy, and I try to tell him that multiple times a day. I expect a LOT from him, and he produces.

So, last night, he was leaving to go visit his mom, and he gave me a full on hug - probably the biggest truest heartfelt hug he has ever given me. And then he said, "I am so lucky to have two mommies that love me so much."

No comments:

Post a Comment