Friday, December 4, 2009

Birthday Party!!

I went to pick up Brytin one day after school and his friend, Bella, told me she'd been invited to Brytin's birthday party. Kids say the darndest things! We had about a month before his birthday, so I figured there was plenty of time to plan a party.

I asked Brytin what he wanted to do for his birthday, and he said he wanted to invite his friends to play at our house. I started listing off names of his classmates, and he said yes to all 21 other kids...Chris and I obviously don't have a house big enough for a party for 22 kids. Wanting to make Brytin happy, I suggested we have a party at the park. He liked my idea.

When we got home, he asked Daddy if he could have a birthday party. Daddy, of course, said "Yes!" We decided that it would be best to have the party on Friday Dec 4 at the big park in Spring Valley. Super fun!

The kids would go on a field trip that morning and then go to Brytin's party in the afternoon. Yay!

The next day, Brytin and I went to the store picked up invitations and some decorations. We got the invites out before the week-long Thanksgiving vacation.

I had some moms RSVP right away, so that was exciting.

I planned to have pizza from Little Ceasar's and play some games. I definitely wanted to have a three-legged race, and Brytin decided he wanted to play Pin the Tail on the Donkey.

The Friday of the party, I went to the park around noon to secure a spot with tables. I put up a ton of decorations!


I even decorated Brytin and Chris!


Around 3:30, ten of Brytin's classmates showed up.


The kids played pin the tail on the donkey, and then I lined them up for the three-legged race. None of them had ever ran a three-legged race, so I tried to explain "teamwork" as best as I could...(Not surprisingly, the girls understood MUCH better than the boys! LOL) Sorry for my screaming; I forgot there was sound on my camera (and I was VERY excited).



After the games, we enjoyed pizza and pop. One of the attendees, Max, made sure to tell Brytin that his birthday party was the "Bomb!" It was a very proud moment for me!

When the kids were full, they played at the park until it was dark. We then loaded all Brytin's presents in the car, and he opened them at home. He got a LOT of great gifts! I even made him fill out thank you cards to give to his classmates.

It was an excellent party! Thanks to all who showed up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment