Thursday, May 27, 2010

Views from Mt. Helix

The pre-adventure adventures continued today. I took Brytin to Mt. Helix in La Mesa to see if that was a place my mom would enjoy. Mt. Helix is the mountain with the big white cross on the top. When we were traveling on the 125, I pointed out the cross to Brytin and told him that is where we were headed. He had fun trying to direct me towards it. "Oh, okay, well, get off the freeway and go towards the right."


Brytin and I had a great time walking on the path that goes around the mountain.

When we got to the top, where the cross is, I saw downtown in the distance. I pointed it out to Brytin, and my most intelligent little angel said, "Hey, yesterday we were on the other side of the city. I can see where we were yesterday!" (I know, I know, the picture isn't awesome. I'm really just trying to entice you to go to Helix yourself!)


Interestingly, we also got to see the backside of "our" mountain. "Our" mountain is really a big hill that's near us. We can see it from a lot of places in San Diego, so I use it to show Brytin where our home is from wherever we are. (We can tell which mountain it is, because it has radio towers on the top.)


Here's a pic of our mountain from our back porch:


At the Mt. Helix park, there is a huge amphitheatre. I've never heard of any concerts there, but it would fun to see one. Brytin wondered if church services are held there. Unfortunately, parking is extremely limited.


Looking towards El Cajon from the amphitheatre.


Another awesome adventure filled with amazing views and wonderful insight from a five-year-old!

No comments:

Post a Comment