Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Our Vegetable Garden

Did I tell you about our garden? Well, there isn't really much to tell, but I did take some photos :)

I bought seed packets at the Dollar Tree. Each packet was only 25 cents. Never did I expect ANY food to actually grow...

At the end of April, the seedlings looked like this:


From left to right: Zucchini, Yellow Squash, lettuce, strawberries, broccolli and onions.

Five days later, we had our first strawberry harvest. (No illegals were hired for this harvest.)


In May, my husband made us beautiful gardens.
















We had enough lettuce for dinner salads the third week of May.


We're still waiting on green beans, zucchini, squash, onions and plums. My luck, they will all become ready for harvest in July when no one is here to enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment