Saturday, August 20, 2011

Farmers


Brytin grew a sunflower!

Toward the end of first grade, Brytin was given a sunflower by his awesome teacher, Mrs. Ventura. We accidentally forgot to water it, so it didn't survive. Brytin was VERY upset about it and demanded we buy him seeds to plant a new sunflower.

Chris and Brytin had spent some time in the backyard last June, but I never knew if he did actually plant the seeds or not. And then he went to Utah and I forgot all about it.

Well, the last day of summer vacation, Brytin, Daelen and I were in the yard planting our farm* and I happened upon this big green bush that just didn't quite look like the other weeds in our backyard.

And then I realized what had happened. Brytin grew a sunflower! (Right smack-dab in the middle of our backyard!)

*I'm hoping to grow food to give to Daelen when he is ready for something besides his Momma's milk. The middle of August seems like a weird time to be planting seeds, but hopefully something (anything) will grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment